Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Burlesque Marathon: The Razzle Tassle Tease Show!

Violet, Melody & April
After splitting a bottle of wine with VanDolls Sherry Hymen and Scarlet Delirium we marched our buzzed selves to The Razzle Tassle Tease Show, the only burlesque performance to be included in the Fringe Festival activities this year. The show starred Melody Mangler, April O'Peel and Violet Femme with cuties Coco Cinders and Voodoo Pixie as delightful stage sweepers.

This show was awesome! Despite seeing many of the numbers previously, the orange, blond and purple trio performed some of my favorite acts including their seductive 'curtain dance' and April O'Peel's classic mime stuck in a box number (hint: it's not a square box). There were also some fun new acts I hadn't seen before like Violet Femme's peeping tom window washer singing number which was a highlight. Sherry, Scarlet and I couldn't help but scream, shout and clap.

Some of my favorite moments of the evening were provided by the stage sweepers who performed mini numbers while cleaning and preparing the stage that helped to wrap up the last number and introduce the next one. The whole performance ran so fluidly because of this and there was no host needed! Loved it.

To me, the show was 5 stars but then again I may be a bit bias. These three lovely ladies introduced and taught me burlesque when I took Screaming Chicken's Becoming Burlesque course so I look up to them and really they can do no wrong.

The show is only 45 minutes or so and is a great little dose of burlesque in Vancouver. I think this would be a fantastic show for burlesque virgins and fanatics to attend.

Please check out The Razzle Tassle Tease Show's website for info on their current gig at The Fringe and upcoming events!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Burlesque Marathon Calendar