Friday, September 16, 2011

Burlesque Marathon: Beatles Burlesque

I love The Beatles, I love burlesque so it was only natural to get my panties..ahem..knickers in a twist over Beatles Burlesque that took place last night at The Anza Club in Vancouver. Beatles Burlesque is the baby of Blue Morris, a local music and burlesque show producer who is also pretty talented on the guitar.

It was a sold out show and I attended on my lonesome. Thankfully I didn't have to be an awkward wallflower as a table of burlesque friends invited me to sit with them. I have no complaints with the venue. The bartenders were nice, the booze was cold and the stage was high enough for all to see. All these things made for a delightful show.

The burlesquers of Beatles Burlesque recreating the classic Abbey Road album cover.

The show itself was fantastic. I've always fantasized about performing burlesque with a live band but hadn't seen it on stage until this event. The Beatles Burlesque Band who were accompanied by the talented vocals of Miss Kiss, Andrea Superstein, Rebel Valentine, Jeff Bryant and Mackenzie Gray kept the crowd dancing all evening long and provided the perfect musical backdrop to the dancers fun and sexy routines despite some minor mic glitches.

The list of burlesque talent for the night was comprised of some of Vancouver's most notable and talented performers including Melody Mangler, Miss Fitt and Voracious V.  There was a black feather fan dance to of course 'Blackbird' and a high energy strip tease to 'Helter Skelter' to name a few numbers. All performances were outstanding but I wouldn't expect anything less. Chai Tea also rocked the mic as MC for the night keeping the audiences energy high.
And... I may have dropped some dollars on some crystal pasties made by Miss. Maggie Pie. Worth it.

Blue Morris and his crew are keeping with the themed, live music burlesque show as they prepare for Dirty Dancing Burlesque on November 10th.
For more information on upcoming events by Blue Morris, check him out at www.bluemorris.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Burlesque Marathon Calendar