Sunday, September 4, 2011

Burlesque Marathon: Back to School Burlesque

Last night, I went to my first burlesque show of September - Back to School Burlesque at The Sin Bin. This appropriately themed event for the long weekend was put on by Vyntage Pie Productions (aka Valerie Vyntage and Maggie Pie) and was a great start to my burlesque marathon.

First of all, I love themed anything - parties, shows, food! Plus, the likes of Precious Metal and April O'Peel were on the performance list so I was walking into this event with a smile on my face. Miss. Vyntage set the tone for the night letting us all know the show was focused on comedy. And comedy it was.

I laughed the entire show (when appropriate of course) with the highlights for me being Isla Vuemore and Ruthe Ordare (although all the girls were great). Isla put a unique spin on a teacher number where she decided to grade her body parts as opposed to student papers. And I must say her boobs get an A+, I may ask if she tutors....

Ruthe Ordare opened the show with a fun number to the tune of Singing in The Rain where glitter filled balloons were popped on a sharp pair of pasties. Love it.
I also brought a friend who was a burlesque virgin and by the time we left she'd won a cute feather headband by Maggie Pie and was talking about how she'd wear it in her first show!

There was talk about making this a monthly event, which would be amazing especially if it was always themed!!
Up next: Kitty Nights House Party where I will be performing! See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Burlesque Marathon Calendar